Lead Pastor, First Congregational Church, Stamford, CT
About First Congregational Church and the Lead Pastor Position
First Congregational Church is located in Stamford, Connecticut between New York City and New Haven, CT. Since its beginnings, FCC has worked to expand the reach of social justice and lift up the marginalized. FCC now stands at a crossroads. After studying the financial viability of maintaining their 100-plus year old building, FCC made the decision to sell its property and re-launch as an outwardly-focused, grassroots ministry.
Moving forward, FCC will need the steady, expert help of a trained restart pastor. This leader’s primary task will be to lead FCC through restart into a relational, 21st century ministry within urban Stamford and the surrounding area. Related tasks include development of an organic leadership structure, establishing tiers of lay pastoral care providers, leveraging partnerships with care-giving organizations in Stamford, re-branding and expanding FCC’s internet presence, supervising staff, preaching, pastoral care, and supervising an experienced financial management team. This is a permanent position, not an interim.
- • MDiv and/or MA from seminary theologically aligned with the UCC
- • Ordained
- • Minimum six years in full-time ministry
- • Minimum four years as full-time lead pastor
- • Minimum two years in church plant, start-up, or restart context
- • Urban ministry
- • Ministry in multi-generational and/or racially diverse context
- • Community organization, outreach, and partnership
- • Counseling and griefwork
Desired Leadership Styles and Attributes:
- • Entrepreneurial leadership bent
- • Demonstrated innovator
- • Collaborative leadership style
- • Relational and inclusive
- • Strong personal faith
- • Desires to put down roots in Stamford for a sustainable journey with FCC
Compensation Package: 90-100K (depending on experience and qualifications) plus benefits (health insurance, pension, and moving stipend).
Contact: Sally Morgenthaler, Senior Search Specialist, Griffith Coaching and Staffing, 303-870-7680 firstname.lastname@example.org