More Light is working with Presbyterians and people of faith across the state of North Carolina. We are working with faith communities to educate people about sexual orientation and gender identity, share the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people in the church, and mobilize people of faith to take their words of welcome from their pews and into the streets of their community. There are many ways to get involved in this work!
We are excited to be a founding partner of the NC Faith Forward Coalition in this effort.
How you can get involved:
- Write a Letter to the Editor in your local Newspaper.
- Schedule a training for your congregation or faith community! – Click here to learn more [link to workshops page]
- Host an Out of Order documentary screening in your community – Click here to schedule your screening
- Join our mailing list to get updates on trainings and workshops happening near you – Click here to join our mailing list
- Connect with Joey Lopez, More Light’s Organizing & Program Manager, or our NC More Light Advocacy Ambassadors for more info!
- Become a More Light Ambassador in North Carolina!