We need More Light members mobilized to put their faith into action.
Do you have a passion for social justice and are fired up to fight back against discriminatory legislation and work for bills that will expand protections for LGBTQ lives? Join us as an Advocacy ambassador. We need your eyes, ears and passion to ensure people of faith to challenge a religious narrative that has positioned Christianity against the rights and equality of LGBTQ people.
As a More Light Ambassador you will work with us to mobilize MLP members and congregations to participate in public education and advocacy events such as roundtables, trainings, rallies, letter writing campaigns, op-ed campaigns, and news conferences.
What Does an Advocacy Ambassador Do?
- Mobilize MLP members and congregations to participate in public education and advocacy events such as roundtables, trainings, rallies, letter writing campaigns, op-ed campaigns, and news conferences
- Prepare MLP members to write op-eds, letters to the editor, or participate press conferences
- Represent MLP in op-eds, letters to the editor, or press conferences
- Implement advocacy campaigns on MLP policy and program priorities in coordination with MLP staff, partner organizations, and other Advocacy Ambassadors
- Assist in tracking policy developments for assigned local government(s) with relevance to LGBTQ equal rights
- Assist local MLP members, congregations, and others in organizing advocacy efforts for LGBTQ equality or other MLP priorities
- Notify MLP staff of relevant actions, so that Action Alerts can be sent to MLP supporters
- Monthly conference call with Lead Advocacy Ambassador and regional advocacy team
If you’re not able to see the form above, click on the button below to apply.