Montclair Presbyterian ChurchMontclair Presbyterian Church
Everyone is Welcome
We are a community that embraces God’s radically inclusive love. Everyone is welcome at the communion table.
We lay claim to the Biblical imperatives of:
- welcoming the marginalized
- giving voice to the oppressed
- honoring all people
We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons (LGBT) by:
- supporting their full participation in the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- working for LGBT ordination with More Light Presbyterians, That All May Freely Serve, and the Covenant Network of Presbyterians
- declaring ourselves a More Light church, officially affirming these values, in 1987.
- proudly flying the rainbow flag as a symbol of our welcome
We affirm the moral values of scripture to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God. (Micah 6:8)