Look here to find a church or campus group in your community that welcomes LGBTQIA+ people into the full life and participation of the community! Each congregation or campus group listed is a member of More Light Presbyterians and is committed to full inclusion and welcome of all God’s people.
Please contact us if you have any corrections or additions, or visit our congregational update page or campus group update page!
East Liberty Presbyterian ChurchEast Liberty Presbyterian Church
Presently, ELPC has 845 members and friends, who attend up to three worship services offered each week and who reflect the racial, economic, age, gender, and sexual orientation diversity of Greater Pittsburgh. The four pillars of our ministry consist of worship, education, spiritual growth, and mission, and our goal is to provide resources in all these areas for people of all ages and singles or families of all types. While it is hard to summarize the breadth of our Christian ministry and outreach, here are several key values we hold to as a congregation of faith:
- We believe in pursuing justice and offering Christ’s radical hospitality to all.
- We trust in a Creator God who is still at work in East Liberty, in our world, and in our lives.
- We seek to nurture yearning spirits, questioning minds, and an engaged faith in ourselves and others.
- We desire to learn, to pray, and to serve with integrity and gratitude.
- We hope for a church as generous and challenging as the gospel it professes.
Ultimately, we strive to be the body of Christ. We invite all to join with us in our diverse, inclusive family of faith. Our commitment is to work, worship, and pray in ways that transcend boundaries of race, class, ability, culture, age, gender and sexual identity. And our joy comes from glimpsing a bit of God’s realm in the ways our ELPC community finds unity in Christ.
Need to update your congregation or campus group’s information?
Update your congregation’s informationUpdate your campus group’s information
Covenant Network Congregations
Institute of Welcoming Resources