Look here to find a church or campus group in your community that welcomes LGBTQIA+ people into the full life and participation of the community! Each congregation or campus group listed is a member of More Light Presbyterians and is committed to full inclusion and welcome of all God’s people.
Please contact us if you have any corrections or additions, or visit our congregational update page or campus group update page!
United University ChurchUnited University Church
WE ARE PROGRESSIVE… COMMITTED PEOPLE.
- A Neighborhood, University and Community Church celebrating our rootedness in urban and university neighborhoods, Our congregation is made up of students, faculty, staff and community members. We also organize programs to connect campus and community including lecture series, service projects and other fellowship opportunities.
- An Inclusive Church acknowledging the wholeness of God and the wholeness of humanity. Whatever your race, gender, economic status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or religious belief, you are welcome here. Our services are multi-lingual so that language is no barrier to participation. We also worship using inclusive language respectful to people of all walks of life. We are a Reconciling Ministries and More Light Congregation.
- A Spirit-filled Church rejoicing in the mystery and power of the Divine. In music, word and contemplative silence we open ourselves to the wonder working of the spirit. Charged to develop our own spiritual selves we explore different traditions and practices, and seek to recognize the blessings in our daily lives.
- A Peace Church joining anti-violence work with that for peaceful resolution of difference, toward a vision of global justice. Find out more about the work of our Peace Center, Peace Camp, Peace Kids Program and Student Interfaith Peace Organization. We also participate in the ecumenical Sanctuary Movement by providing a safe place for those suffering violence and persecution. And we are a Jubilee Church, participating in interfaith coalition for debt relief for the world’s poorest nations and a just economy for all.
- A “Leave No Child Behind” Church: working with organizations and communities to ensure every child enjoys a healthy start, a fair start, a safe start, and a loving start in life.
- An Active Church working to bring about personal and social transformation through our actions. Ever mindful of the dire needs of our community, service is central to our life as a church. Church representatives also work closely with local organizations and coalitions to address pressing social issues such as homelessness, hunger, education, neighborhood violence, and oppression of the outcast and stranger
Need to update your congregation or campus group’s information?
Update your congregation’s informationUpdate your campus group’s information
Covenant Network Congregations
Institute of Welcoming Resources