East Liberty Presbyterian ChurchEast Liberty Presbyterian Church
Presently, ELPC has 845 members and friends, who attend up to three worship services offered each week and who reflect the racial, economic, age, gender, and sexual orientation diversity of Greater Pittsburgh. The four pillars of our ministry consist of worship, education, spiritual growth, and mission, and our goal is to provide resources in all these areas for people of all ages and singles or families of all types. While it is hard to summarize the breadth of our Christian ministry and outreach, here are several key values we hold to as a congregation of faith:
- We believe in pursuing justice and offering Christ’s radical hospitality to all.
- We trust in a Creator God who is still at work in East Liberty, in our world, and in our lives.
- We seek to nurture yearning spirits, questioning minds, and an engaged faith in ourselves and others.
- We desire to learn, to pray, and to serve with integrity and gratitude.
- We hope for a church as generous and challenging as the gospel it professes.
Ultimately, we strive to be the body of Christ. We invite all to join with us in our diverse, inclusive family of faith. Our commitment is to work, worship, and pray in ways that transcend boundaries of race, class, ability, culture, age, gender and sexual identity. And our joy comes from glimpsing a bit of God’s realm in the ways our ELPC community finds unity in Christ.