Organization: More Light Presbyterians
Position Title: Director of Engagement
Position type: Full time
Location: Remote, up to 50% travel required
The Director of Engagement will regularly represent More Light Presbyterians and advocate for its mission throughout the PC(USA) and beyond. This includes partnering with board members and supporters to equip, empower, and engage with congregations, campus ministries, ministry groups, and individuals to fulfill the mission and vision of More Light Presbyterians to realize the full participation of LGBTQIA+ people in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and in society.
- Facilitate and lead opportunities to equip, empower, and support congregations, campus ministries, ministry groups, and individuals in the MLP network and beyond to be agents of change and inclusion.
- Assist MLP board to assess and prioritize constituents’ needs and develop priorities to implement actions that support the board priorities.
- Represent More Light Presbyterians at congregational, church and allied events.
- Represent More Light Presbyterians in public through digital media, writing, and speaking.
- Lead fund development efforts including direct fund appeals and donor cultivation and relationship building through speaking engagements, events, and direct communication.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to diversity, anti-racism, inclusion, and intersectionality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Organization and leadership development skills
- Experience in community organizing and advocacy
- Worship leadership
- Familiarity with the community of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and its theology and polity.
Compensation based on relevant experience and expertise $55,000 to $65,000 plus benefits equal to 25% of salary.
This position may be eligible to be a validated ministry in the Presbyterian Church (USA).
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and basic information to the Google form found here.
For information on More Light Presbyterians, visit our website at www.mlp.org
More Light Presbyterians is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.